The Lobkowicz Palace is located at the end of the street, Jiřská, and it is next to the east gate of the Castle. It was built by Vratislav of Pernštejn in 1570. The Lobkowicz family gained the palace in 1661 and then again, during the restitutions in 1989. Today, they are still the owners of the palace and it is the only private-owned palace of the Prague Castle. Between the years 1651-1668, the palace was reconstructed in the Baroque style by Carl Lurag but the interior of the palace is in the late Renaissance style. In 1618, soon after the Second Defenestration the fleeing governors of Prague, who miraculously survived a fall from 15 meters, an asylum was found in this palace.